Requirements for Admission
Applicants must submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Application for Admission—Applicants must submit the completed application and fulfill all the requirements therein.
- $40.00 application fee—The application fee must be submitted with the application. The application and application fee may be submitted prior to submission of the following supporting documents.
- Documentation of High School Graduation, or General Educational Development (GED) scores, or other equivalent, state-approved diploma examination—Full Sail requires that all applicants have completed high school and received a standard high school diploma or have passed the GED. Applicants must provide documentation of their high school graduation, or passing GED scores prior to starting a program. Applicants who hold a GED must submit GED test score results and/or their GED transcript. The GED must be approved by a State Department of Education to be considered. Note that GED Tests cannot be taken online and can only be taken at an official testing center. Full Sail may request additional documentation to verify the successful completion of high school (such as, but not limited to, student transcripts) and/or to assess the preparation provided by the issuing institution. In all cases, Full Sail retains the sole discretion to determine whether or not the secondary training completed by the applicant is sufficient to satisfy the high school graduation admission requirement.
Note: All required documentation that is not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation. If native language is other than English, verification of language proficiency is required.
Computer Animation and Game Art Bachelor of Science Degree Program applicants should possess artistic skills. Traditional art classes are recommended prior to entering the program. A foundation of sketching, sculpting, and painting are important for the animation industry and are essential in developing the 3D artist.
Game Development Bachelor of Science Degree Program applicants should demonstrate a minimum foundation in Algebra II. Advanced math classes such as pre-calculus and trigonometry are strongly recommended. Introductory programming classes are also recommended.
A skills assessment test covering advanced mathematical concepts will be administered prior to beginning class. Applicants may request a Math Self-Evaluation from the Admissions Department to help them prepare for the skills assessment test.
Applicants wishing to transfer credits toward the completion of the Entertainment Business and Music Business Bachelor of Science Degree Program must possess one of the following to be eligible:
- An associate’s, or higher level degree from another accredited postsecondary educational institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, which is related to the educational program objectives of the Entertainment Business and Music Business Bachelor of Science Degree, with a transfer academic average of 2.0 minimum GPA. A copy of official transcripts is required. Transcripts are required to include graduation date, final GPA, and degree earned. Eligible applicants will be required to complete three additional Full Sail courses: College Mathematics, Computer Science and Internet, and Introduction to Media Arts.
- A Full Sail Associate or Bachelor of Science Degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
Graduate School and Graduate Certificate applicants must possess one of the following to be eligible:
- A Full Sail Bachelor of Science Degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- A baccalaureate or higher level degree from another accredited postsecondary educational institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Degree held must be of similar scope and subject matter as to prepare applicants for the educational program objectives of the Graduate School Degree Program, with a transfer academic average of 2.5. Applicants who meet these criteria will be considered for admission pending an evaluation of a copy of official transcripts. Transcripts are required to include graduation date, final GPA and degree earned. A copy of official high school transcripts or GED is not required.
Applicants with a cumulative GPA below 2.5 may be considered for admission under certain conditions. Please contact an admissions representative for more information on this process.