Full Sail University has seen plenty of excitement over the past 30 years – graduates succeeding across the globe, new studios, facilities, degrees, awards, and much more – but this June is likely to be one of the most exciting months in the school’s history.
At approximately 9 a.m. on Monday, June 7, Full Sail will kick off the festivities with a ribbon-cutting marking the grand opening of the Full Sail Studios Gateway project. Immediately following the grand opening, a ceremony will take place inside the new venue, inducting six graduates who represent the 2010 class of the Full Sail University Hall of Fame. These two momentous occasions will be supported throughout June 7, 8, and 9 with on-campus events, celebrity guests, and one-of-a-kind meet-and-greet opportunities, forums, and lectures for students and staff. On the night of Wednesday, June 9, the three-day celebration will culminate with a performance in the new Full Sail Live by Teleprompt/Warner Bros. recording artists MuteMath.
This year’s Hall of Fame inductees span the entertainment industry and include:
- Leslie Brathwaite: GRAMMY®-award winning Mix Engineer
- Steve Cainas: Production Coordinator for feature films and top-rated prime time series, including LOST
- Troy DeVolld: Emmy-nominated Supervising Producer
- Marc Fishman: Sound Re-Recording Mixer for feature films and Emmy-winner for the HBO series, John Adams
- Kristifir Klein: Set Modeling Lead at Pixar Animation Studios
- Martin "Tike" Santos: Live Sound Engineer/Technician for artists including Peter Frampton, Faith Hill, and Paul McCartney
Individuals participating in the induction ceremony include How To Train Your Dragon co-director Dean DeBlois (inducting Kristifir Klein), Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins of GRAMMY®-winning group TLC (inducting Leslie Brathwaite), Fame and Underworld: Rise of the Lycans executive producer Beth DePatie (inducting Steve Cainas), and film editor Terilyn Shropshire (inducting Marc Fishman), as well as other special guests.
Over the course of the three days, groups of students and staff will be able to take place in a series of exclusive presentations, Q&A sessions, and workshops covering topics like live production, scriptwriting, audio engineering and production, postproduction, animation, and game development. These presentations will be hosted by a wide variety of guests, including all six of this year's Hall of Fame inductees, as well as Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins, Dean DeBlois, Beth DePatie, and 2009 Hall of Fame inductees Phil Tan and Sebastian Krys. In addition, multiple grads who worked on the production of Rockstar Games' recent smash hit Red Dead Redemption will participate in a presentation and discussion.
The momentum from the opening of this new landmark campus project will continue in the weeks and months to come, with a presentation in late June by editors from the hit television program LOST, and more events to be announced soon.
Some important information for students and staff:
- All students and staff are invited to a brief ribbon-cutting event, which will occur outdoors under the new Full Sail Studios arch (weather permitting) at approximately 9 a.m. Monday, June 7.
- There will be very limited seating for the Hall of Fame induction ceremony due to the presence of many off-campus guests, friends, and families of the inductees.
- Many of the other presentations on June 7, 8, and 9 will have first-come, first-serve seating opportunities.
- The MuteMath concert will be a free, ticketed event, with approximately 900 tickets made available to Full Sail staff and students only. NO OUTSIDE GUESTS WILL BE ADMITTED.