Full Sail University is committed to creating inclusive learning and work environments where everyone can thrive. Students, faculty, staff and alumni are constantly working together on new initiatives to further support, celebrate, and elevate the range of voices in our community. Included below is a sampling of these programs:
- Black Student Union: Founded in January 2010, the BSU is a student organization that promotes learning and networking among Full Sail's black student body across various degree programs. Not only a place for business, meetings of the BSU are also a great place to release, relax, and relate with other like-minded students. The Black Student Union is open to all.
- Chinese Student Union: Founded in January 2018, the Chinese Student Union fosters better connections between Chinese students and industry contacts. Through events, activities, and games throughout the year, the CSU celebrates Chinese traditions while supporting members’ creative and growth journeys.
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging Continuing Education for Faculty and Staff: Each month, the Faculty Development and the Staff & Cultural Development departments work together to bring ongoing education to faculty and staff. Courses are available both live and on demand and explore concepts related to race, religion, access, ability, and identity.
- Diversity Alliance: The Diverse Alliance consists of two cross-departmental employee task forces that represent departments from across the university. The Diversity Alliance listens to students and staff, makes recommendations to leadership, and supports events and programming designed to create inclusive working and learning environments.
- International Student Society: Founded in March 2013, ISS is a student club that unites all the 73 countries and cultures represented on Full Sail’s campus. Through events and networking opportunities, ISS promotes understanding and acceptance of different cultures.
Intervarsity Christian Fellowship Club: Founded in November 2016, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship is a diverse community of artists, designers, gamers, storytellers, and musicians who are inspired by Jesus to develop creative communicators that help change the world.
- Korean Culture Club: Founded in February 2020, the Korean Culture Club’s mission is to provide diverse cultural experiences to people who are interested in Korean culture and to work with other international and multicultural organizations and faculty to build and maintain a diverse, educated, and open-minded learning community.
- Pride Club: Founded in August 2008, PRIDE (Peers Respecting Individuality, Differences, and Equality) is a student club of like-minded individuals with a focus on LGBTQ issues. The PRIDE club promotes acceptance, standing up against hate, and providing a safe place for Full Sail students to be themselves, have a sense of community, and have fun.
- Student Community Association: The Student Community Association (SCA) is the liaison for all clubs and student driven extra-curricular activities. The SCA acts as a focal point for the community to coordinate student engagement and club growth while providing an outlet for expansion and networking with other organizations across campus and online platforms. We embrace our diverse student community and nurture inclusion, belonging, and equity for all students.
- Universal Design Committee: Universal Design for Learning, or UDL, in practice, provides opportunities to all learners to access, participate in, and progress through curriculum by reducing or removing barriers to instruction.
- Voices of Full Sail: Voices of Full Sail serves as a hub dedicated to elevating, respecting, and supporting the range of voices in the Full Sail community. Each month, Voices of Full Sail showcases staff and student stories, lending a nuanced perspective to broader concepts related to race, religion, access, ability, and identity.
- Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI): WLI is an employee leadership program and alumni group that cultivates personal and professional growth in aspiring female leaders. WLI and its corresponding alumni network hosts events, speakers, and learning opportunities designed to build an active network of distributed women leaders who continually grow, develop, and learn together.