Full Sail University

Frequently Asked Questions

Below, you’ll find some common questions that come up about Full Sail University. If you’re looking for information that you can’t find here, please contact us.

Financial Aid
What is Full Sail University's code for the FAFSA?

Our school code is 016812.

Can I get financial aid at Full Sail?

Yes. For more information about financial aid, explore the Financial Aid section of our website.

How much does a degree program cost?

Tuition covers all expenses such as textbooks, manuals, media, production materials, lab fees, technology fees, Project LaunchBox and all associated hardware and software, and other costs except as noted.

What requirements must I meet to be eligible for financial aid at Full Sail?

Here are the basics. You must: 1. Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen with a social security number. 2. Be registered with the Selective Service (if you're a male over the age of 18). 3. Be able to present a standard high school diploma or equivalent degree (GED). 4. Not owe a refund on any previous government grants, taxes, or be in default on any previous government loans. 5. Enroll in one of Full Sail's degree programs.

For more details, visit our Financial Aid section.

Are scholarships available to Full Sail students?

Yes. Full Sail offers a variety of scholarships based on various criteria ranging from need based to merit based as well as many other factors. The scholarships themselves vary in dollar amount.

You can contact an Admissions Representative for more information about scholarships that you might be eligible for, or visit the Scholarships page.

Am I "dependent" or "independent"?

You will be eligible to apply for financial aid as an independent student if you answer YES to any of the following statements:

  • You are At least 24 years old as of December 31st of the award year covered by the FAFSA.
  • You are a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
  • You are a graduate or professional student (beyond a Bachelor's degree).
  • You are married.
  • You are a ward of the court or both of your parents are deceased.
  • You have a legal dependent other than a spouse.
What is a Federal Pell Grant?

Typically, only awarded to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need, Federal Pell Grants are not loans. These grants are funds that do not have to repaid except under certain circumstances. You can apply for them through your FAFSA form.

What is the difference between a Federal Student Loan and a Private Student Loan?

Federal student loans and federal parent loans are funded by the federal government. Private student loans are made by a lender such as a bank, credit union, state agency, or a school.

According to the U.S. Department of Education, "Federal student loans are made by the government, with terms and conditions that are set by law, and include many benefits (such as fixed interest rates and income-driven repayment plans) not typically offered with private loans. In contrast, private loans are made by private organizations such banks, credit unions, and state-based or state-affiliated organizations, and have terms and conditions that are set by the lender. Private student loans are generally more expensive than federal student loans."

If I take out loans, when will I have to start making payments on them?
  • Federal Stafford Loans – Repayment begins six months after student’s last day of attendance.
  • Federal Parent PLUS Loans – Repayment begins after the loan has been fully disbursed, usually 4-6 months after the financial aid period begins.
  • Federal Graduate PLUS Loans – Repayment begins after the loan has been disbursed, but graduate students are eligible to seek an in-school deferment until completing their program.
  • Private/Alternative Education Loans – Repayment terms vary by lender, but most reputable private loan products offer either interest only payments while in school or deferment of all payment until six months after student’s last day of attendance.

Please keep in mind that this information is subject to change, and all loan repayment plans are subject to the terms defined by the lender.

My Admissions Representative explained that, as a campus student, classes would keep me busy 35-40 hours a week, so I would prefer not to work a full-time job. Can I get enough financial aid to cover my living expenses?

Most students who need financial aid provide for their living expenses by using a combination of different kinds of awards. How much you can get is based on your situation and eligibility.

Are there any student job opportunities available on campus?

The Financial Aid department works with eligible students to provide work-study positions in many departments here at Full Sail. Students are not eligible to begin working in work-study positions until they successfully complete their first month of classes.