Full Sail University

Frequently Asked Questions

Below, you’ll find some common questions that come up about Full Sail University. If you’re looking for information that you can’t find here, please contact us.

Military Students
Does Full Sail accept Military Tuition Assistance (MTA)? MTA is also known as Army Tuition Assistance, Navy Tuition Assistance, etc.

Yes, we will assist in getting required documents to your Educational Service Officer.

What types of VA do you accept?

We Accept:

  • Chapter 30 MGIB-AD
  • 1606 MGIB-SR
  • Chapter 31 (VR&E)
  • Chapter 33 Post 9/11
  • Chapter 33 TEB – For Dependents
  • Gunny Sergeant Fry
  • Chapter 35 (DEA) – For Dependents
  • Army College Fund
  • Navy College Fund
Will VA cover the entire cost of my education?

Every student’s benefits and financial situation is unique. Speak with your Military Enrollment Guide to discuss options available to you.

When should I fill out my VONAPP?

Before you fill out your VONAPP, be sure to speak to a Military Enrollment Guide to fully understand all of your options.

How do I know if I qualify for any benefits?

The Military Department is ready to assist, however ultimately it is up the Department of Veterans Affairs and they can be reached at 1.888.GIBILL1.

Will I need my DD-214?

Yes, unless you are Active Duty.

Do you accept military transcripts?

It is recommended that all military both active and prior service submit their transcripts for review. These can be found by contacting your Education Officer or at the following websites:

Can I go to school while on active duty?

Yes, however, this is a unique situation that is best discussed with your Military Admissions Representative. Certain deployable units and MOS’s/Rates will find going to the University more difficult than others due to job demands. Your Military Admissions Representative will be able to discuss with you all of the options available to you.

I’m transitioning from Active Duty. When is the best time to start?

The University begins classes once a month. When you speak with your Military Admissions Representative, they will work with you to determine the best start date for you. You may even be able to start prior to your ETS/EAS.

Can I use VA benefits along with Financial Aid?

Yes, but you should speak with your Military Enrollment Guide to discuss options available to you.

I’m using Chapter 33, what are the BAH/BHA rates for campus and online?

Updated BAH/BHA rates can be found on the GI Bill web site at http://benefits.va.gov/gibill/. GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Are you a Yellow Ribbon school?

Yes, Full Sail University is an unlimited Yellow Ribbon participant. 

What is the Yellow Ribbon program?

The Yellow Ribbon program is an educational funding opportunity designed to help veteran students and some qualifying dependents cover the cost of their tuition and fees.

How does the Yellow Ribbon program work?

The Yellow Ribbon program may pay for all educational-based fees that are not covered by the Post-9/11 GI Bill such as tuition, seat deposit, registration fee, and all other institutional fees for eligible students.

Am I eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program?

If you’re interested in the Yellow Ribbon program, please speak with your Military Admissions Representative to find out if you qualify.

What is the right benefit for me?

The right benefit differs from student to student. Please contact your Military Enrollment Guide to discuss your options as well as utilize the VA GI BILL Benefits comparison tool found at http://benefits.va.gov/gibill/.

I’m a dependent of a veteran. What benefits do I have?

Dependents’ benefits are unique to each individual and each circumstance. Please contact Military Ad to learn more at 800.226.7625.

How do I transfer benefits to a dependent attending Full Sail University?

Each situation is different, but the recommended steps are:

1. Log on the Department of Defense Transfer Education Benefits website (compatible only with Internet Explorer). Submit the Transferability Application to request transfer of benefits to dependent.
2. Dependent must go to VONAPP website and complete the VONAPP VA Form 22-1990e
3. Applicant will receive a copy of the COE
4. Send copies of the VONAPP and COE to Full Sail via fax: 407.551.1089, mail: 3300 University Blvd., Winter Park, FL 32792 or email: [email protected]

How do I use my Montgomery GI Bill benefits at Full Sail?

If you attend one of Full Sail's Degree Programs (thereby making you a full time student), you may receive your GI Bill entitlement provided you contributed the required amount and were honorably discharged. Active Duty or Reservist, time served on Active duty, and whether you are the Veteran, a Survivor, or a Dependent of a Veteran are all factors that determine the amount received. Keep in mind that it usually takes 90 days for your first check to arrive. See our Military page for more details.

Does Full Sail accept the GI Bill or Post-9/11 Bill?

Full Sail accepts both.

How do I apply for my benefits?

To learn about the application process, please click here.

When do I receive my benefits?

It takes the VA 60-90 days to process the initial certification. The initial certification will not be submitted until the student starts classes.

Which is better, the Post-9/11 Bill or the GI Bill?

We cannot advise which program would be best for you, as it is based on your individual needs. On the GI Bill website, there is a comparison chart that shows the difference between the Post-9/11 Bill and the MGIB.