The audio production professional of the future is not a traditional job-seeker, but an entrepreneurial-minded self-starter. No longer tethered to conventional studios, audio specialists now enjoy the flexibility of working from creative spaces – large or small – anywhere in the world.
The Audio Production bachelor of science degree program is designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to conduct business as an independent audio creator. Areas of study range from pop culture and music business fundamentals to production and postproduction techniques – in addition to foundational material like college mathematics and professional writing.
- Fundamentals of Music Business - Students will examine different components of the music industry, such as companies, unions, not-for-profit associations, and other entities that influence the music production and live-event fields.
- Contemporary Production Techniques ‐ Contemporary music production integrates sampling, loops, MIDI, and live recording to craft modern hits - students will learn to use industry-standard tools for computer-based music creation.
- Vocal Techniques - This course explores dedicated software tools used in contemporary vocal production to manipulate pitch and timing, along with the creative and aesthetic ramifications of such tools.
Project LaunchBox™ is a Full Sail program that provides students with powerful technology to help create projects. All of your files, multimedia creations, and coursework are at your fingertips 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Request more information about this program.
- Apple MacBook Pro
- 3-yr Applecare Extended Warranty
- LoJack - Theft Prevention 3-yr Subscription
- Microsoft Office 365
- Belkin USB-C to Ethernet Adapter
- Belkin 4-port USB Hub (Powered)
- Ableton Live Suite (Download)
- AEA Stereo Protractor
- Alan Parsons - Art of Science & Sound USB Card
- Audio-Technica AT2035b Microphone (x2)
- Auralia (Download)
- Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Audio Interface
- Hosa Mic Stand Tripod (x2)
- Hosa Pro Mic Cable 15' (x2)
- Hosa TRS Cable 5' (x2)
- iLok USB Dongle
- iPad 7th Gen 32gb WiFi
- Logic Pro
- Musition (Download)
- Novation Launchkey 25 MkII, 25-key USB/iOS MIDI Keyboard
- PreSonus Eris 5 Speaker (x2)
- Pro Tools (Download)
- SanDisk Extreme 16GB SDHC UHS-I Flash Card
- Sennheiser HD280 PRO Headphone
- Sibelius (Download)
- Slate Digital Plugins (Download)
- Zoom H5 Handheld Recorder
- Universal Hairy Windscreen
Pricing and package specifications are subject to change. Some Project LaunchBox™ components are distributed during students' second year; some Project LaunchBox™ components are downloadable items.
Full Sail's relationships in the world of entertainment and media have led to a variety of unique opportunities for students.
Full Sail has a different approach to education, and the way we do things has multiple benefits to our students.
We’re proud of our global network of accomplished graduates, and the way they give back to students.