Stories are inherent in all of us; in every culture, and in every aspect of human connection. They are how we chronicle our time on earth, and how we make sense of a world that doesn’t always adhere to our expectations.
In Full Sail’s Creative Writing MFA program, you’ll take your passion for storytelling to the next level by incorporating visual elements into your writing process. You’ll explore a variety of narrative structures while writing across mediums and genres, and focus on creating characters that resonate with an audience.
- The Art of Visual Storytelling - Students study the universal themes of traditional storytelling as well as their applications to visual narrative design and new nonlinear and interactive forms of media.
- Character Creation & Development - Students are introduced to various psychological profiles for characters, creating a portfolio of characters ranging from simple to complex.
- Multimedia Adaptation - In this course, students will learn how to adapt their stories and scripts into other written and visual mediums, considering the parameters of each format.
Project LaunchBox™ is a Full Sail program that provides students with powerful technology to help create projects. All of your files, multimedia creations, and coursework are at your fingertips 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Request more information about this program.
- Apple MacBook Pro
- 3-yr Applecare Extended Warranty
- LoJack - Theft Prevention 3-yr Subscription
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Download)
- Microsoft Office 365
- Apple USB-C to USB Adapter
- Belkin USB-C to Ethernet Adapter
- Final Draft (Download)
Pricing and package specifications are subject to change. Some Project LaunchBox™ components are distributed during students' second year; some Project LaunchBox™ components are downloadable items.
Full Sail's relationships in the world of entertainment and media have led to a variety of unique opportunities for students.
Full Sail has a different approach to education, and the way we do things has multiple benefits to our students.
We’re proud of our global network of accomplished graduates, and the way they give back to students.