There’s more than one way to tell a story, and more than one way to relay that story to the world. In a culture where millions of people turn daily to the digital realm for news and entertainment, content creators must be able to adapt content for a variety of mediums.
Full Sail’s Digital Cinematography bachelor’s degree outfits you for this changing landscape by pairing knowledge of the latest technological tools with a strong foundation in storytelling. You’ll learn to create dynamic content by emulating the workflow of an actual studio – beginning with script development and production planning, filming, post-production, and finally, distribution.
- Directing - Students learn techniques for directing, acting, casting, and composition and will work in different areas of directing – from preproduction, to postproduction delivery, to critical evaluation.
- Film Criticism - Students gain an appreciation for how filmmakers create meaningful experiences for their audiences while also developing skills to critique others' work and manage critiques from clients.
- Art Design & Location Shooting - Students look at set choices and production venues through the logistical needs of the camera while focusing on the decision-making process to align a script with location scouting and art direction.
The 90th Annual Academy Awards: Full Sail Alumni Credited on Oscar-Winning Projects
Watch a Film Set Go Up in 3 Minutes (Time-Lapse)
Steven C. Miller (First Kill) – Overcoming Obstacles
See What Makes Us Different – Full Sail University
Qualified online students can receive up to $20,000 with the Momentum Scholarship. Financial aid available to those who qualify.View scholarship details
Our approach to education is unique – including monthly start dates, locked tuition rates, and degrees that take half the time of traditional schools.See the benefits
Project LaunchBox™ is a Full Sail program that provides students with powerful technology to help create projects. All of your files, multimedia creations, and coursework are at your fingertips 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Request more information about this program.
- Apple MacBook Pro
- 3-yr Applecare Extended Warranty
- LoJack - Theft Prevention 3-yr Subscription
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Download)
- Microsoft Office 365
- Apple USB-C to USB Adapter
- Belkin USB-C to Ethernet Adapter
- Camera Lens
- Final Cut Pro (Download)
- Final Draft (Download)
- iPad 5th gen 32gb WiFi
- Light Kit Case
- Manfrotto Tripod Kit - Legs, Headmount, & Case
- Movie Magic Budgeting (Download)
- Movie Magic Scheduling (Download)
- On-Stage Stands - Desktop Microphone Stand
- SanDisk USB-C to SD Card Adapter
- Sennheiser E835-N Microphone
- Soft Case for Camera
- Sony FS5k
- Sony Headphones
- Sony Shotgun Microphone
- StageMaster 25ft XLR Microphone Cable
- Westcott Light Kit
- 64GB SDXC Card
Pricing and package specifications are subject to change. Some Project LaunchBox™ components are distributed during students' second year; some Project LaunchBox™ components are downloadable items.
For detailed tuition information about student outcomes and statistics, see consumer disclosures for this program.
To create a custom estimate of your tuition and costs, visit our Net Price Calculator.
Movie industry magazine 'The Wrap' named Full Sail University one of its "Top 50 Film Schools."
Plus, students and staff also enjoyed an exclusive screening of the new film.
Online or on campus, our students have access to knowledge and mentorship from a community of professionals.