Innovations in techniques, communication, and distribution channels have leveled the playing field for filmmakers, but the elements of a compelling film remain the same. In Full Sail University’s Film Production master of fine arts program, your education centers on fundamentals such as storytelling, visual aesthetics, and technical roles, as well as the business strategies needed to bring your completed works to audiences.
- Visual Storytelling Techniques and Technology - The course curriculum will build upon themes from introductory courses to illustrate how directors enhance the dramatic effect of scenes through lighting, location, blocking, movement, and other techniques.
- Filmmaking Concepts and Practices - Students will learn how to apply filmmaking concepts and theory to the practice of film production in terms of production design, cinematography, and film aesthetics.
- Business of Film - Students will examine current industry business models and develop plans to advance their careers in filmmaking.
Grad Federico Carmona Produces and Promotes Videos for Jowell y Randy, Ozuna, and More
Watch a Film Set Go Up in 3 Minutes (Time-Lapse)
Steven C. Miller (First Kill) – Overcoming Obstacles
See What Makes Us Different – Full Sail University
This section will guide you through the steps of applying for admission to a graduate program at Full Sail University.View the details
Our degree programs are offered at a faster pace than traditional schools, so that students adapt to the 24/7 nature of their industries. You’re learning more in a shorter period of time, and starting out on your professional path earlier.Learn more about why we're different
Project LaunchBox™ is a Full Sail program that provides students with powerful technology to help create projects. All of your files, multimedia creations, and coursework are at your fingertips 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Request more information about this program.
- Apple MacBook Pro
- 3-yr Applecare Extended Warranty
- LoJack - Theft Prevention 3-yr Subscription
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Download)
- Microsoft Office 365
- Apple USB-C to USB Adapter
- Belkin USB-C to Ethernet Adapter
- Avid Media Composer
- Final Cut Pro
- Final Draft (Download)
- iLok USB Dongle
- Logic Pro
- Media Composer (Download)
- Movie Magic Budgeting (Download)
- Movie Magic Scheduling (Download)
- On-Stage Stands - Desktop Microphone Stand
- Pro Tools (Download)
- SanDisk USB-C to SD Card Adapter
- Sennheiser E835-N Microphone
- Sennheiser HD280 PRO Headphone
- StageMaster 25ft XLR Microphone Cable
- Zoom H5 Handheld Recorder
Pricing and package specifications are subject to change. Some Project LaunchBox™ components are distributed during students' second year; some Project LaunchBox™ components are downloadable items.
For detailed tuition information about student outcomes and statistics, see consumer disclosures for this program.
To create a custom estimate of your tuition and costs, visit our Net Price Calculator.
Movie industry magazine 'The Wrap' named Full Sail University one of its "Top 50 Film Schools."
Two-time Full Sail grad and Film Course Director discusses what it's like to work with comedian Craig Robinson.
Plus, students and staff also enjoyed an exclusive screening of the new film.