Some people view the world through a narrative lens. They see not just people but players, not just interactions but building blocks of broader stories. If you've ever dreamed of becoming a game designer, and are as passionate about the craft as you are about the end creation – you're not alone.
The Game Design bachelor of science program, designed to enhance your ability to work in a game studio environment, is comprised of high-level game design and production courses that will take you deep into the game development pipeline. You’ll cover key industry concepts ranging from aesthetics and immersion to usability and game economics – in addition to foundational topics like storytelling and character development.
- Game Mechanics - In this course, students learn how pacing and thematic structures incorporate conflict resolution and generate a plausible challenge and reward system.
- Game Balancing ‐ Students learn how to use level-design and gameplay-design fundamentals to create levels that capitalize on the strengths of their own designs while also learning about communicating to the player through a user interface.
- Prototyping - Students form groups to create their first team-based digital game prototype using disciplines learned throughout the program to devise a unique concept design.
Full Sail Ranked Among Top Game Design Schools
The Making of the Legendary Blacksmith
2017 Game Awards: Multiple Grads on Winning Projects
See What Makes Us Different — Full Sail University
Qualified online students can receive up to $20,000 with the Momentum Scholarship. Financial aid available to those who qualify.View scholarship details
Lock in current campus tuition rates with a May 28 or June 25 start date.Apply Now ($75 application fee deferred)
Project LaunchBox™ is a Full Sail program that provides students with powerful technology to help create projects. All of your files, multimedia creations, and coursework are at your fingertips 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Request more information about this program.
- HP ZBook 17 G4
- HP 3-yr Warranty
- LoJack - Theft Prevention 3-yr Subscription
- Microsoft Office 365
- HP 17" Backpack
- iPad 5th gen 32gb WiFi (Online Only)
- Microsoft Project Pro (Download) (WIN)
- Microsoft Visio Pro (Download) (WIN)
- Rumii VR Software
- VR Headset
Pricing and package specifications are subject to change. Some Project LaunchBox™ components are distributed during students' second year; some Project LaunchBox™ components are downloadable items.
To create a custom estimate of your tuition and costs, visit our Net Price Calculator.
The ranking was based on academic offerings, faculty credentials, and graduates’ employment and professional achievements.
Full Sail University is one of the many host locations around the world that allows its students and other game development enthusiasts to bring their ideas to life.
Online or on campus, our students have access to knowledge and mentorship from a community of professionals.