Music production tools are now accessible virtually anywhere in the world; however, the skills required to put those tools to use are what separate hobbyists from industry professionals.
The Music Production bachelor of science degree program is designed to provide a thorough and comprehensive understanding of music creation and production. After learning foundational concepts such as music theory and composition, you’ll explore an array of complex procedures and applications used in the music production industry. Coursework ranges from digital audio principles and digital workstation technology to advanced audio production and engineering techniques.
- Recording Principles - This course introduces students to the theory and operation of essential audio tools ranging from microphones to mixers.
- Audio Workstations ‐ This course explores the digital audio workstation environment through an overview of digital audio concepts and practices.
- Audio Engineering Techniques - Students will develop workflows and strategies for producing the highest-quality results in their music-production projects.
Program Director discusses the Music Production degree
Chart-Topping Projects Take Shape in Full Sail’s Audio Temple
The Creative Pivot that Made Ben “Billions” Diehl One of Hip Hop’s Coveted Producers
Full Sail Grad Gary Rizzo’s Award Season Culminates with Second Oscar
Lock in current campus tuition rates with an August 5 start date.Click here for all the details
Qualified online students can receive up to $20,000 with the Momentum Scholarship. Financial aid available to those who qualify.View scholarship details
Project LaunchBox™ is a Full Sail program that provides students with powerful technology to help create projects. All of your files, multimedia creations, and coursework are at your fingertips 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Request more information about this program.
- Apple MacBook Pro
- 3-yr Applecare Extended Warranty
- LoJack - Theft Prevention 3-yr Subscription
- Microsoft Office 365
- Belkin USB-C to Ethernet Adapter
- Belkin 4-port USB Hub (Powered)
- Alan Parsons - Art of Science & Sound USB Card
- Auralia (Download)
- Final Cut Pro
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
- iLok USB Dongle
- iPad 2018 32gb WiFi (Online Only)
- Komplete (Download)
- Logic Pro
- Musition (Download)
- Novation Launchkey 25 MkII, 25-key USB/iOS MIDI Keyboard
- On-Stage Stands - Desktop Microphone Stand
- Pro Tools (Download)
- Sennheiser E835-N Microphone
- Sennheiser HD280 PRO Headphone
- Sibelius (Download)
- StageMaster 25ft XLR Microphone Cable
Pricing and package specifications are subject to change. Some Project LaunchBox™ components are distributed during students' second year; some Project LaunchBox™ components are downloadable items.
To create a custom estimate of your tuition and costs, visit our Net Price Calculator.
Over the last 40 years, Bob has worked with artists like Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, and Bryan Adams.
Alumni worked on many of the nominated projects at the 61st GRAMMY Awards, from Album of the Year and Song of the Year to Best Pop Solo Performance and more.
16 Full Sail grads were credited on 16 nominated projects.