Although the traditional principles of bona fide journalism have changed very little throughout the years, its physical logistics – how we gather, deliver, and consume information – have changed and expanded a great deal.
The New Media Journalism master of arts degree program teaches students how to apply traditional journalistic methods to interactive media, with a focus on how current technologies can enhance both narrative structure and visual storytelling. Coursework ranges from concepts used in digital newsroom management and multimedia reporting to legal and ethical aspects of the digital domain.
- Writing for Interactive Media - This course explores both the mechanics of storytelling as well as how journalists convey themes through their writing.
- Research and Investigation Skills Development - This course examines the massive shifts in the media environment and challenges students to re-imagine how they uncover, research, and produce investigative stories in that environment.
- New Media Publishing and Distribution - Students explore the concepts of interactive publishing and management by learning how to marry journalism fundamentals with the technologies of interactive publishing.
New Media Journalism – Overview
Learning Online at Full Sail University
Your Campus is Everywhere
Hands-On, Project-Based Curriculum
Our degree programs are offered at a faster pace than traditional schools, so that students adapt to the 24/7 nature of their industries. You’re learning more in a shorter period of time, and starting out on your professional path earlier.Learn more about why we're different
Explore our Scholarship Guide, which provides a full list of the scholarships available to qualified students, along with details and eligibility requirements for each.Learn more
Project LaunchBox™ is a Full Sail program that provides students with powerful technology to help create projects. All of your files, multimedia creations, and coursework are at your fingertips 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Request more information about this program.
- Apple MacBook Pro
- 3-yr Applecare Extended Warranty
- LoJack - Theft Prevention 3-yr Subscription
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Download)
- Microsoft Office 365
- Apple USB-C to USB Adapter
- Belkin USB-C to Ethernet Adapter
- Audio-Technica ATR3350iS Lavalier Microphone
- Canon Deluxe Camera Backpack
- iPod Touch 16GB Black/Silver
- Sony HDR-CX675
- Sony VCT-R640 Tripod
Pricing and package specifications are subject to change. Some Project LaunchBox™ components are distributed during students' second year; some Project LaunchBox™ components are downloadable items.
For detailed tuition information about student outcomes and statistics, see consumer disclosures for this program.
To create a custom estimate of your tuition and costs, visit our Net Price Calculator.
From our custom learning management system to our engaged online community, learn more about what goes into getting an online education at Full Sail.
We know that funding your education is a substantial investment. That's why Full Sail University offers a variety of scholarships for qualified students.
Online or on campus, our students have access to knowledge and mentorship from a community of professionals.