Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal of the Sportscasting bachelor’s degree is to provide students with constant real-world experience both on camera and behind the scenes. You’ll build a foundation in interviewing, voice work, writing and storytelling, with ongoing guidance from professional mentors who are active in the world of sportscasting. Plus, you’ll gain advanced knowledge in news-gathering, reporting, and multimedia communication, and develop presenting skills for current and emerging technologies – from broadcast, to gaming, to virtual and augmented reality.
- Vocal Training for Sportscasting - Students will learn how to recognize and develop vocal richness and authenticity while gaining an understanding the philosophy of communicating with audiences and the pillars of vocal communication.
- Broadcast for Advanced Technology - Students will explore broadcast opportunities for new and progressive technologies, such as virtual reality and augmented reality, while understanding their audience-engagement potential.
- New Media Tools - Students will evaluate various types of digital media along with past methods and media outlets, learning the technology, techniques, and methods of storytelling on multimedia platforms.
Guest Faculty Straight From the IndustryFull Sail University’s Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting also features direct interaction and teaching from some of the industry’s most accomplished veterans.
President, Ed Goren Sports Media
FOX Sports | Emmy Award Winner
Sports Journalist, ESPN
Sports Journalist / Consultant / Speaker
GOLF CHANNEL/NBC I Kann Advisory Group
Founder and CEO, The Ringer
30 for 30 | NYTimes Best-Selling Author
Sports Journalist, ESPN
Lock in current campus tuition rates with an August 5 start date.Click here for all the details
Qualified online students can receive up to $20,000 with the Momentum Scholarship. Financial aid available to those who qualify.View scholarship details
Project LaunchBox™ is a Full Sail program that provides students with powerful technology to help create projects. All of your files, multimedia creations, and coursework are at your fingertips 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Request more information about this program.
- Apple MacBook Pro
- 3-yr Applecare Extended Warranty
- LoJack - Theft Prevention 3-yr Subscription
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Download)
- Microsoft Office 365
- Apple USB-C to USB Adapter
- Belkin USB-C to Ethernet Adapter
- Canon T5i DSLR
- FMX-DSLR Audio Mixer
- iPad 2018 32gb WiFi (Online Only)
- Light Kit Case
- On-Stage Stands - Desktop Microphone Stand
- SanDisk Extreme 16GB SDHC UHS-I Flash Card
- Sennheiser E835-N Microphone
- Sennheiser HD280 PRO Headphone
- Sony VCT-R640 Tripod
- StageMaster 25ft XLR Microphone Cable
- VideoMic Go
- Neewer Light Kit
- Apple SD Adapter
Pricing and package specifications are subject to change. Some Project LaunchBox™ components are distributed during students' second year; some Project LaunchBox™ components are downloadable items.
To create a custom estimate of your tuition and costs, visit our Net Price Calculator.
We know that funding your education is a substantial investment. That's why Full Sail University offers a variety of scholarships for qualified students.
From our custom learning management system to our engaged online community, learn more about what goes into getting an online education at Full Sail.
Online or on campus, our students have access to knowledge and mentorship from a community of professionals.
Full Sail UniversityRequest Info