Full Sail University is proud to announce that 17 graduates were credited on 11 GRAMMY®-winning artist releases across 11 categories at the 60th Annual GRAMMY® Awards, which aired live on CBS, Sunday, January 28, 2018 from New York City's Madison Square Garden, and was hosted by James Corden.
Full Sail University graduates have mixed, recorded, or assisted on 19 GRAMMY®-winning Album of the Year releases over the past 28 years. In total, 49 Full Sail graduates were credited on 53 artists' releases that were nominated across 36 separate categories.
The complete list of Full Sail alumni credited on this year's GRAMMY®-winning projects are as follows:
Best Pop Vocal Album
Ed Sheeran - ÷ (DIVIDE)
- Brent Arrowood (Recording Arts, 2004) Assistant Engineer
Best Rap Album
Kendrick Lamar - Damn.
- Blake Harden (Recording Arts, 2005) Engineer
Best Dance Recording
LCD Soundsystem - Tonite
- Cameron Barton (Recording Arts, 2003) Mixing Assistant
Best Metal Performance
Mastodon - Sultan's Curse
- Thomas "Tom" Syrowski (Recording Arts, 2001) Engineer/Mixing
- Thomas "Tom" Tapley (Recording Arts, 2002) Engineer
Best Traditional R&B Performance
Childish Gambino - Redbone
- Bryan Carrigan (Recording Arts, 1991) Engineer
Best Urban Contemporary Album
The Weeknd - Starboy
- Ben "Ben Billions" Diehl (Entertainment Business & Recording Arts, 2005) Producer, Engineer
- Raphael Mesquita (Recording Arts, 2012) Engineer
- David Schwerkolt (Recording Arts, 2006) Engineer
- Jeremy Lertola (Recording Arts, 2011) Assistant Engineer
Best Latin Pop Album
Shakira - El Dorado
- Dave Clauss (Recording Arts, 2006) Drum Recordings, Engineer, Guitar, Mezcla, Mixing, Mixing Engineer, Producer, Silbato, Vocal Engineer, Voices
Best Contemporary Blues Album
Taj Mahal & Keb' Mo' - Tajmo
- Zach Allen (Recording Arts, 2007) Engineer
Best Reggae Album
Damien "Jr. Gong" Marley - Stony Hill
- Tristan Boston (Entertainment Business & Recording Arts, 2007) Composer, Producer
- Marc Lee (Recording Arts & Digital Media, 99) Engineer, Mixing
- Nikolas Marzouca (Recording Arts 98) Engineer
Best Musical Theater Album
Ben Platt, principal soloist; Alex Lacamoire, Stacey Mindich, Benj Pasek & Justin Paul, producers; Benj Pasek & Justin Paul, composers/lyricists (Original Broadway Cast Recording) - Dear Evan Hansen
- Derik Lee (Recording Arts, 2005) Engineer
Best Instrumental Composition
Arturo O'Farrill, composer (Arturo O'Farrill & Chucho Valdés) - Three Revolutions
- Rafa Sardina (Recording Arts, 1993) Engineer, Mixing Engineer
"Congratulations to the many Full Sail University graduates who have contributed to this year's GRAMMY®-nominated and award-winning projects," said Dana Roun, Education Director, Audio Arts, Full Sail University. "We are extremely proud of their incredible accomplishments."
Hundreds of students, alumni, staff and faculty participated in the university's annual on-campus GRAMMY® Celebration, which was hosted at the state-of-the-art performance venue, Full Sail Live.
About Full Sail University:
Full Sail University is an award-winning educational leader for those pursuing careers in entertainment, media, arts and technology. Founded in 1979, Full Sail has received accolades throughout its history, including most recently: One of the 2017 “Top Graduate & Undergraduate Schools to Study Game Design” by The Princeton Review, one of the 2016 “Top 25 Music Schools” by The Hollywood Reporter, and one of the 2016 “Top 50 Film Schools” by The Wrap Magazine. The Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges also named Full Sail the 2016 “School/College of the Year.”
Full Sail University is a graduate and undergraduate degree-granting institution offering on-campus and online degree programs in areas related to Art & Design, Business, Film & Television, Games, Media & Communications, Music & Recording, Sports, and Technology. With over 60,000+ graduates worldwide, Full Sail alumni have worked on countless award-winning projects with individual recognition including OSCAR®, Emmy®, GRAMMY®, ADDY®, MTV Video Music Award, and Video Game Award nominated and winning projects.
Download a fact sheet about Full Sail, high-res images, and information about our campus and online programs from our press kit.
For media inquires, contact Casey Tanous at 407.679.0100 or email [email protected].