Full Sail University is proud to announce that 50 Full Sail University graduates are credited on 62 nominated projects at the 62nd Annual GRAMMY® Awards. This year’s ceremony will be broadcast live from the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, California on Sunday, January 26, 2020, and airing on CBS.
During this year's awards, Full Sail University graduates have contributed to artist projects nominated across 39 categories including: Album of the Year, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Rap Album, Best Country Album, Best Gospel Album, Best Latin Pop Album, Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Pop Solo Performance, and Best R&B Album, just to name a few. Full Sail University graduates have mixed, recorded, or assisted on 19 GRAMMY®-winning Album of the Year releases over the past 29 years.
Six Full Sail University alumni are eligible to earn a GRAMMY® of their own including:
- Brendan Morawski, Engineer, Record of the Year, 7 Rings, Ariana Grande and Album of the Year, Thank U, Next, Ariana Grande
- Miki Tsutsumi, Recording Engineer, Record of the Year, Hard Place, H.E.R. and Album of the Year, I Used To Know Her, H.E.R
- Colin Leonard, Mastering Engineer, Record of the Year, Hard Place, H.E.R. and Album of the Year, I Used To Know Her, H.E.R
- Jeremy Lertola, Assistant Recording Engineer, Assistant Engineer, Album of the Year, Thank U, Next, Ariana Grande
- Adam Greenspan, Engineer, Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical, All These Things, Thomas Dybdahl
- Jurgen Scharpf, Immersive Audio Mastering Engineer, Best Immersive Audio Album, Chain Tripping, Luke Argilla
About Full Sail University:
Full Sail University is an award-winning educational leader for those pursuing careers in entertainment, media, arts and technology. Founded in 1979, Full Sail has received accolades throughout its 40-year history, including most recently: One of the 2019 "Top Graduate & Undergraduate Schools to Study Game Design" by The Princeton Review, one of the 2019 "Top 50 Film Schools" by The Wrap Magazine, and was also named the 2019 "School/College of the Year" by the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges.
Full Sail University is a graduate and undergraduate degree-granting institution offering on-campus and online degree programs in areas related to Art & Design, Business, Film & Television, Games, Media & Communications, Music & Recording, Sports, and Technology. With over 70,000+ graduates worldwide, Full Sail alumni have worked on countless award-winning projects with individual recognition including OSCAR®, Emmy®, GRAMMY®, ADDY®, MTV Video Music Award, and Video Game Award honors.
Download a fact sheet about Full Sail, high-res images, and information about our campus and online programs from our press kit.
For media inquires, contact Casey Tanous at 407.679.0100 or email [email protected].