Emerging Technology Scholarship
At Full Sail University, emerging technology plays a large role in every degree program. We're always innovating and looking to the future. If you're passionate about emerging technology, you belong here.
The Emerging Technology Scholarship honors that commitment to forward-thinking education by awarding eligible candidates with a full-tuition scholarship for select technology-focused bachelor's degree programs at Full Sail.
Ready to take the next step? You can request more information about our programs here.
To apply for a scholarship, speak to your admission representative by calling: 800.226.7625
The Emerging Technology Scholarship is designed to identify individuals who are exceptionally talented in their problem-solving and critical thinking skills, academically successful, and passionate about emerging technology industries. Through this program, students will receive a full scholarship for select campus or online Bachelor of Science degree programs.
The Emerging Technology Scholarship program will award a full scholarship including tuition and a laptop to eligible applicants pursuing select Full Sail University degree programs. Applicants will need to adhere to the eligibility criteria and strict deadlines outlined in the Minimum Eligibility Requirements and Application Process sections. Finalists will be invited to a Full Sail University virtual event to participate in a whiteboard problem-solving competition. A very limited number of scholarships awarded to the finalists selected from the competition.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for consideration, those applying for the Emerging Technology Scholarship must:
- Meet Admissions requirements for an eligible Bachelor of Science degree program: Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Game Development, Information Technology, Simulation & Visualization, or Web Development.
- Have earned at least one of the following: a cumulative high school GPA of 3.8 or higher, an SAT score after February 2016 of 1133 or higher, or an ACT score of 25 or higher when the scholarship application is submitted.
- Submit an Application for Admission by June 24, 2023.
- Submit an original project with screencast per instructions in the Application Process section by June 24, 2023.
- Begin their degree program within two years of the selection for the scholarships.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress and adhere to Full Sail University’s Code of Conduct.
- Scholarship applicants eligible for Round 2 will be determined by the Emerging Technology Scholarship panel based on the evaluation of the project submitted for the degree program of interest as listed in the Project Requirements for Applications section, provided all eligibility requirements above are still met.
- Scholarship applicants eligible for Round 3 will be determined based on (1) their high school transcript, SAT score, or ACT score and (2) this scholarship application, provided all eligibility requirements are met. Applicants who have not graduated may submit unofficial transcripts.
- Scholarship recipients will be determined based on the whiteboard problem-solving competition held virtually by Full Sail University.
All eligible candidates will go through the following process:
- Candidates will submit an original project with screencast based on their degree program of interest by Saturday, June 24, 2023.
- See Project Requirements for Applicants section for project requirements. The link to the project and screencast must be submitted to https://go.fullsail.edu/emerging-technology-scholarship.
- Candidates will be interviewed by a Full Sail University Admissions representative and apply for admission by Saturday, June 24, 2023.
- Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements for Round 1 will be notified by Monday, June 26, 2023 of eligibility to participate in Round 2 as semifinalists.
- Upon Round 2 notification, semifinalists will submit a completed scholarship application, a copy of their high school transcript, and an official SAT or ACT score via the student Full Sail One website by Wednesday, June 28, 2023.
- Semifinalists who submit an original project that meets eligibility criteria and possess a high school GPA of 3.8, an SAT score of 1133, or an ACT score of 25 and above will qualify for Finalist status.
- Finalists will be notified by Friday, June 30, 2023 regarding their eligibility to participate in Round 3, the whiteboard problem-solving competition held virtually by Full Sail University.
- Finalists will be invited to participate in a whiteboard problem-solving competition on Sunday, July 16, 2023. Finalists will receive detailed instructions prior to the event.
- Based on the criteria given, scholarship awards will be announced by Thursday, July 20, 2023.
Provisions and Award Requirements
- Applicants must have applied as a new student to Full Sail University for a start date within two years of being selected for the scholarship.
- A change of degree program, interruption of education, or withdrawal from degree program may result in cancellation of the scholarship award and disbursements. Student understands that a change in student status may impact eligibility.
- Final award of scholarship is contingent upon receipt of all required Admissions and Financial Aid documents by the assigned start date.
- Students who delay their start date may lose their eligibility.
- Funds from the Emerging Technology Scholarship may only be used toward the tuition and laptop, known as Project LaunchBox, for a Full Sail University campus or online Bachelor of Science degree program.
- Students must maintain an overall GPA of 3.5 for the duration of their Emerging Technology degree program to remain eligible for scholarship disbursements.
- This scholarship is nontransferable and has no redeemable cash value.
- Documentation provided as part of a submission will not be returned.
- The project must be the original work of the applicant.
- All submissions must abide by Full Sail University’s Nondiscrimination Policy. Applicants who submit work that does not abide by this policy will be disqualified.
- Work submitted will be judged by Full Sail University’s Emerging Technology Scholarship panel.
- This scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarships initiated and/or awarded by Full Sail University.
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
Project Requirements for Applicants
All applicants must select a project listed below and submit an original project, as specified in the instructions below:
- Cybersecurity – Submit a project plan on how you would protect an information technology server against unauthorized hackers. The plan should include at least one identified system vulnerability, the significance if exploited, and possible steps to protect the system. Also, a screencast explaining the reasoning on how to protect the system must be provided.
- Electronic Engineering – Submit an original project creating a vehicle controlled by an external input device using an Arduino board (or equivalent). You must use a game engine (Unity or Unreal) to program your vehicle. The submitted project must include an original .STL file of the vehicle being controlled. The submission must include all sources and assets used to create the game. Outside sources must be cited within the submission. Submissions must be under 75 MB and submitted as a complete project in ZIP file format. Also, a screencast explaining the project and its features must be provided.
- Information technology – Submit a project plan on how you integrated a new technology in your home network or lab. Describe what you intended to accomplish, the software or hardware you used, and the results of your project. The plan should include a design of your network, servers, operating systems used, and a screencast of you demonstrating and explaining the working system.