The Women in Technology Scholarship is designed to identify women who are exceptionally talented in their problem-solving and critical thinking skills, academically successful, and passionate about emerging technology industries. Three components encompass this program: scholarship, community and mentorship.
The Women in Technology Scholarship program will award a full scholarship including tuition and a laptop to an eligible woman pursuing a select Full Sail University degree program. Applicants will need to adhere to eligibility criteria and strict deadlines outlined in the Minimum Eligibility Requirements and Application Process sections. below. Upon starting the program, the recipient is paired with a mentor (female faculty or graduate in a similar field of study), during their time at Full Sail University. Along with a mentor, the award winner will have an opportunity to engage with the community by attending a conference with an emphasis in Women’s leadership in technology. One scholarship will be awarded to the finalist selected from the competition.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for consideration, those applying for the Women in Technology Scholarship must:
- Be a high school graduate identifying as female;
- Meet Admission requirements for an eligible Bachelor of Science degree program (Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Game Development, Information Technology, Mobile Development, Simulation & Visualization and Web Development);
- Possess a cumulative high school GPA of 3.8 or higher;
- Submit application for Admission by January 11, 2021;
- Submit an original project with screencast, following the Application Section below, by January 22, 2021;
- Begin the Full Sail degree program within the spring of 2021; and
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress and adhere to the University’s Code of Conduct.