Below, you’ll find information about our accreditation, privacy rights, campus safety statistics, and more. Looking for more information? Call us at 800.226.7625.
Effective Date of Current Policy: May 3, 2022
Full Sail (also known as Full Sail, LLC and Full Sail University) (“Full Sail,” “we,” “us” or “our”), is committed to making your experience online satisfying and safe. Your privacy on the Internet is of utmost importance to us.
The categories of Personal Information we collect depends on the nature of the relationship you have with Full Sail, e.g., prospective or enrolled student, graduates, and site visitors or campus guests (collectively “Individuals”), and the requirements of applicable law.
- You may provide Personal Information directly to Full Sail through interacting with the Services, participating in surveys, during events, contests, and by requesting Services or information from us.
- We may collect information using various information collection methods including without limitation the completion of lead forms sourced by Third-Party data aggregators.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing.
- Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you use the Services, we may ask you to provide us with Personal Information (such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, country, zip code, and learning preferences). These voluntary submissions include making a request that Full Sail send you additional information about its programs, via email, regular mail, telephone, SMS, and/or other messaging apps.
If you apply to Full Sail University degree programs online, you will also be required to provide your gender, date of birth, physical address, ethnicity, education background, veteran status, citizenship, languages spoken, payment information (for processing deposits and fees) and other information as necessary to process your application.
- Information from enrolled students. If you enroll in Full Sail University, we will collect and track information about your academic progress, such as scholarship information, classes and grades, attendance, dates of accessing the online platform, training status, last dates of attendance, credits earned, and financial information of students and their parents (e.g., FAFSA data) and other information related to your enrollment.
- Communications With Us. We may collect Personal Information from you such as your email address, phone number or mailing address when you choose to request information about us and our programs, register for Full Sail’s newsletter, request to receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us, including through the on-line chat live function on our Sites. We retain call and email notes and collect other information that you provide when communicating with us.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities.
- Social Media Content. We may offer forums, blogs, or social media pages. Any content you provide on these channels will be considered “public” and is not subject to privacy protections.
- Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests. We may run sweepstakes and contests. Contact information you provide may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes, if permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of winners.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods of web or mobile application analysis, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, MIME type, Advertiser ID, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, domain name, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, your preferences, and other actions taken through your use of the Services.
- Information From Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through Third-Party services and organizations including consumer data resellers to supplement information provided by you.
- Analytics. We may use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and demographics on our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested. Full Sail may use information about you to administer and provide the Sites and Mobile Apps to you, and to administer your inquiries and fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
Generally manage Individual information and Accounts;
Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of Full Sail’s Services;
Create an account;
Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support;
Allow you to register for events.
- Administrative Purposes. Full Sail may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
Measure interest in Full Sail’s Services;
Develop new products and Services;
Ensure internal quality control;
Verify Individual identity;
Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
Communicate about Individual Accounts and activities on Full Sail’s Services and systems, and, in Full Sail’s discretion, changes to any Full Sail policy;
Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your Account and for informational and operational purposes, such as Account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
Process payment for products or services purchased;
Process applications and transactions;
Undertaking research for technological development and demonstration; and
Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Marketing Full Sail Products and Services. Full Sail may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. Full Sail may provide you with these materials by phone, SMS, messaging apps, postal mail, facsimile, and email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
To provide Services to you and our sponsors;
For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information; or
Otherwise with your consent.
You may contact us at any time to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described below.
- Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Marketing. Individuals who provide us with Personal Information, or whose Personal Information we obtain from Third Parties, may receive periodic emails, messages via messaging apps, newsletters, or mailings from us with information on Full Sail’s or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. We offer you the option to decline these communications at no cost to by following the instructions below.
- SMS and Telemarketing. Individuals who provide us with their telephone number or whose telephone number we obtain from Third Parties may receive SMS text messages or phone calls with information on Full Sail’s or our affiliated schools’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. For this purpose, we may share your telephone number with the following affiliated schools: Los Angeles Film School and Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design. We offer you the option to decline these communications at no cost by following the instructions below.
- De-Identified and Aggregated Information Use. Full Sail may use Personal Information and other information about you to create de-identified and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access Full Sail’s Services, or other analyses we create. We and our service providers use de-identified and aggregated information for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services, research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes.
- Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. Full Sail’s Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, Full Sail allows you to provide information about your friends through our referral services, such as “Tell a Friend.” Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Email addresses that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by Full Sail or any other Third Parties for any other purpose.
- Media Contacts and Influencers. Full Sail University obtains contact details and other personal information regarding media contacts and influencers from a variety of sources including Cision. If you wish to know more about how such information is collected, and used, please refer to Cision’s privacy notice at www.cision.com/us/legal/privacy-policy.
- Other Uses. Full Sail may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information, or with your consent.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. We may use Technologies that are necessary to the operation of our Services. This includes technologies that allow you access to Services; that are required to identify irregular Site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security; or that allow you to make use of our functions such as shopping-carts, saved search, or similar functions;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use our Sites, determine if you have interacted with our messaging, determine whether you have viewed an item or link, or to improve our Site content or Mobile Apps;
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Sites or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed so that we may enhance the presentation of content on our Sites;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Sites or on third-party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
We use third-party software development kits (“SDKs”) relating to advertising and/or to add functionality of our Services. Third-Party SDKs may allow Third Parties including advertisers to collect your personal information to provide content that is more relevant to you. You may opt out of tracking by emailing [email protected].
If you would like to opt out of the Technologies we employ on our Services, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits. You can also adjust your cookie preferences here:
The Sites may include links to other websites maintained or controlled by Third Parties unrelated to Full Sail. If you click on such a link, you will be directed to that Third Party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement or representation of our affiliation with that Third Party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over Third Party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. We advise you to review the individual privacy policies of each external site that you use. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
Full Sail’s Services may include publicly accessible blogs, community forums, or private messaging features. The Site and our Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
We may sell merchandise through our Services. When you make purchases through the Services, we process your payments through a third-party application, including the Apple App Store, Google Play App Store, Amazon App Store (together with any similar applications, “App Stores”) and Social Networking Sites (“SNS”) such as Facebook. The third-party application may collect certain financial information from you to process a payment on behalf of Full Sail, including your name, email address, address and other billing information.
4.1 INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES
- Service Providers. We may engage certain Third Parties to facilitate the Services on our behalf, to perform Site and Mobile Apps-related services (e.g., without limitation, hosting and maintenance services, customer relationship services, web and mobile analytics, payment processing and database storage and management services). Full Sail also shares information about prospective students with Third Parties that Full Sail uses to evaluate potential applicants. We will share your Personal Information with these Third Parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only if such Third Parties are obligated not to use or disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- Marketing – Internet Based Advertising and Third-Party marketing. We may share aggregated information that includes your Personal Information, non-identifying information, and Usage Tracking Information with Third Parties for industry analysis and demographic profiling and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services. Through our Services, Full Sail may allow Third Party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) as well as selected Personal Information we have collected with Third Party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-Full Sail related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising.” We may allow access to other data collected by the Sites to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with Third Party advertising partners, you may opt out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions below.
- Affiliated Schools. If you contact us to request information regarding our courses or degree programs, we may share, with your permission, your Personal Information with our affiliated schools, including the Los Angeles Film School and Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design. Our affiliated schools may use your Personal Information to contact you to provide information regarding their courses and degree programs; for more information, see the Privacy Policies of affiliated schools.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Full Sail cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and to comply with applicable law or valid legal process. Full Sail may disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Full Sail or a Third Party, to protect the safety of the public or any person or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity, or if we in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as where you live. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, we may transfer your Personal Information to the United States and process it there. We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected and require our third-party service providers and partners to have appropriate safeguards as well. Further details can be provided upon request.
You have the right to object to and opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to Full Sail’s Processing of your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt out of further Processing by contacting us as set forth below. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Sites and Third-Party websites to provide our Services and for other legal purposes described above..
To opt-out of receiving messages from Full Sail via messaging apps (e.g., WhatsApp, Skype, and WeChat), please send the word “opt-out” to the Full Sail representative communicating with you. If you have any issues or questions, please contact us at [email protected].
Full Sail may occasionally send you push notifications through our Mobile Apps with notices that may be of interest to you. You may at any time opt out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. Full Sail may also collect location-based information if you use our Mobile Apps. You may opt out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or www.youronlinechoices.eu and www.aboutads.info/choices. You can also choose not to be included in Google Analytics here.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have to the following rights:
Opt-out of “Sales.” The right to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information by contacting us as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
The categories of personal information we have “sold” and the categories of third parties we have “sold” personal information to in the preceding twelve months are listed below:
Category of Personal Information Sold by Us: Identifiers
A real name, alias, postal address, phone number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
Category of Third Parties Personal Information is Sold to
- Advertising networks
- Data analytics providers
- Affiliated Schools
Category of Personal Information Sold by Us: Commercial information
Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Category of Third Parties Personal Information is Sold to
- Advertising networks
- Data analytics providers
- Affiliated Schools
Category of Personal Information Sold by Us: Internet or other electronic network activity
Browsing history, search history, information on your interaction with our Sites or Mobile Apps.
Category of Third Parties Personal Information is Sold to
- Advertising networks
- Data analytics providers
- Affiliated Schools
Our business and commercial purposes for “selling” personal information can be found in Sections 3 and 4, above. We do not have actual knowledge of any “sale” of personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Access to/Portability of Personal Information. You can receive a copy of data we process about you consistent with legal requirements. In addition, you may have the right in some cases to receive or have your electronic Personal Information transferred to another party.
Correction. You can request correction of your Personal Information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your Personal Information or we may refer you to the controller of your Personal Information who is able to make the correction.
Deletion. You can request we delete Personal Information we collect or maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
Restriction of or Objection to processing. You can request restriction or object to the processing of your Personal Information, and you have the right to opt in or opt out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties, if applicable, where such requests are permitted by law.
California Shine the Light Law. The California “Shine the Light” law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the Third Parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us, as set forth below.
Contact Us You may contact us to exercise your rights, as set forth herein, by sending an e-mail to [email protected], calling us at 855.936.2272, or mailing us at
Full Sail University
3300 University Boulevard
Winter Park, FL 32792
Please include your full name, email address associated with your account, and a detailed description of your data request. Such requests will be processed in line with local laws. To protect your privacy, Full Sail will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. To designate an authorized agent, please provide us with written authorization signed by you and your designated agent. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights as provided to you by law.
By using the Sites or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Sites. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Sites or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Full Sail. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login information, or national identification numbers in an e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and to Processing of your data globally. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and Processing in accordance with this Policy.
The Services are not directed to children under 13, or other age as required by local law. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children, or other age as required by local law. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected]. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 (or other age as required by local law) has provided us with Personal Information without verifiable parental consent, we will promptly take steps to delete such information from our files, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it, and terminate the child’s account.
The following capitalized terms shall have the meanings herein as set forth below:
- “Personal Information" is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Individual”) such as your name, home address, email address, telephone number or payment card number, social security number, and official, or government-issued, ID information.
- “Process” or “Processing” means any operation which is performed upon Personal Information, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction. As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
- “Third-Party” is any company, natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or body other than the individual, Full Sail, or Full Sail’s Agents.