Published Jan 30, 2018
Full Sail DECA Competition Results
Entertainment Business and Media Communications students place in seven events during three day DECA state competition.
DECA, a not-for-profit student organization which spans the United States and countries around the world, prepares students for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management during their high school and college career. Full Sail's Collegiate DECA chapter meets regularly, hosts charity fundraisers, and participates in community service activities. Recently, students from the Entertainment Business and Media Communications degree programs competed in a three-day annual Collegiate DECA State Competition, which was co-hosted by the University of Central Florida. The Full Sail team of ten students competed against nine other universities, and placed in seven events, including four first-place finishes.
The following are the results from the competition.
- Entrepreneurship – Rameh Echeverri
- Event Planning – Rameh Echeverri & Juan Manuel Vivas
- Marketing Communications – Leony Croes & Lisa Tombulca
- Travel and Tourism – Juan Manuel Vivas
- Entrepreneurship – Joe Zollo
- Event Planning – Leony Croes & Lisa Tombulca
- Sales Management – Jacob Hill
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing – Brianna Reid & Joe Zollo
- Entrepreneurship – Nick Orlando
- Entrepreneurship – Jacob Hill, Khanakh Sharma, Yazmary Franco
- HR Management – Yazmary Franco
- Marketing Management – Nick Orlando
- Travel and Tourism – Khanakh Sharma