Published Mar 29, 2018
16 Full Sail Grads Work on ‘Ready Player One’
Plus, students and staff also enjoyed an exclusive screening of the new film.
More than a dozen Full Sail graduates worked on Steven Spielberg’s highly anticipated new film Ready Player One. Taking on roles from VFX assistant to NASA clearance coordinator, these 16 graduates from our Film, Computer Animation, and Recording Arts programs contributed their talents to help transform this popular book from paper to the big screen.
To celebrate the release of the film, an exclusive screening was held at Regal Winter Park Village Stadium for Full Sail students, faculty, and staff. To add to the excitement, guests enjoyed a VR experience before and after the screening and had a chance to win giveaways from the film.
After the screening, a Q&A session was held with a panel of industry professionals including Larry Stephens (Studio Consultant), Jamey Hopper (NASA Clearance Coordinator), and Full Sail Hall of Fame inductee Chance Glasco (co-founder of Doghead Simulations).
Here is a complete list of all of the Full Sail graduates who worked on Ready Player One:
- Delano Athias (Computer Animation, 2004) Previs Artist
- Matthew Bauer (Computer Animation, 2007) Lead Previs Artist
- Joel Behrens (Digital Media, 1997) Digital Effects Supervisor
- Kiel Figgins (Computer Animation, 2004) Senior Animator
- Jack Geckler (Computer Animation, 2000) Animator
- Jade Hamdan (Film, 2013) VFX Assistant
- James “Jamey” Hopper (Film, 1997) NASA Clearance Coordinator
- Jennifer Meislohn (Film, 1997) Co-Producer, Visual Effects Producer
- Gautama Murcho (Computer Animation, 2009) Digital Compositor
- Brian Rust (Digital Arts & Design, 2010) Digital Compositor
- Theodore M. Sandifer (Computer Animation, 2008) Stereo Compositor
- Dee Selby (Recording Arts, 1994) Foley Editor
- Thomas Wingrove (Film, 2002) Concept Artist
- Christopher Watkins (Computer Animation, 2005) Senior Environment Artist
- Thomas B. Williams (Creative Writing, Film, 2011) Mocap Production Assistant
- Barringer Fox Wingard III (Computer Animation, 2001) Shot Model Supervisor