Full Sail Stories
Published Sep 13, 2019
Multiple Grads Credited on ‘Borderlands 3’
Several Full Sail alumni contributed to Gearbox’s latest installment of the popular looter-shooter.
Fans of the Borderlands series, rejoice. On September 13, Gearbox is releasing the newest installment in the epic, character-driven space western featuring colonizing corporations, rogue vault raiders, and lots and lots (and lots) of guns. Borderlands 3 is coming, and fans couldn’t be more excited. The latest in the series aims to pick up where Borderlands 2 left off, and this time, the Vault Hunters are going intergalactic.
Players can choose to play as one of four all-new Vault Hunters: Amara, a siren, FL4K, a beastmaster, Moze, a gunner, and Zane, a gadget-loving operative. Fans can play co-op up to 4 players to battle the series’ latest villains — the Calypso twins — and a cast of hostile mechs, monsters, and bandits. And then there’s the loot. With more than 1 billion randomly-generated weapons available, the possibilities for chaos, mayhem, and fun are endless.
Several Full Sail grads flexed their talents on Borderlands 3, serving as sound designers, artists and animators, programmers, and more.
“It’s been a wild ride working on Borderlands since 2009 and seeing how it’s gone from an underdog shooter to the wildly popular franchise it is today,” says Josh Davidson, a Full Sail grad and senior sound designer at Gearbox.
“Everyone working here is insanely passionate and have put their hearts and souls into it. Hopefully gamers and fans all over the world will feel the love put into it come September 13, and have fun spending time looting and shooting with their friends and families.”
Congratulations to everyone who worked on Borderlands 3. Happy looting!
- Jason Brown (Game Development) - Senior Gameplay Engineer
- Jacob Christopher (Computer Animation) - Content Art Lead
- Joshua Davidson (Recording Arts) - Senior Sound Designer
- Craig Harrison (Computer Animation, Game Design Master's) - Senior Level Artist/Level Designer
- Joseph Joyal (Game Art) - Visual Effects Artist
- Paul Korolenko (Game Design Bachelor's) - UX Design Intern
- Matt Link (Computer Animation) - Character Artist
- Vanessa Little (Game Design Bachelor's) - Level Designer
- Josh Olson (Computer Animation) - Animator
- Chudy Omelogu (Digital Arts & Design) - Quality Assurance Tester
- Keith Rosier (Game Development) – Mission Designer