The Game Design master of science program prepares you for a specialized role in the gaming industry by teaching the skills needed to contribute to multidisciplinary development teams. The coursework focuses on user experience research, production, and design - culminating with a game capstone experience. You’ll choose a track that allows you to focus on your chosen area of expertise, whether that’s working as a user experience researcher, producer, or game designer to create and publish games, or specializing in a genre or industry niche to evaluate and enhance existing real-world products.
- Methods and the User Experience - This course provides a scientific framework for defining and testing variables that exist within the sometimes-ambiguous process of game design.
- Prototyping and Content Creation - This course focuses on providing students with the tools and techniques required for the development of functional prototypes, allowing them to test and refine their design concepts.
- Game Usability and Testing - This course is a blend of academic and applied science, targeting core design principles through scholarly research methods and applied usability techniques.
Full Sail Hosts Overwatch League All-Star Game Watch Party
Full Sail Hosts OrlandoiX 2018
Full Sail Ranked Among Top Game Design Schools
The Making of the Legendary Blacksmith
Our approach to education is unique – including monthly start dates, locked tuition rates, and degrees that take half the time of traditional schools.See the benefits
Our degree programs are offered at a faster pace than traditional schools, so that students adapt to the 24/7 nature of their industries. You’re learning more in a shorter period of time, and starting out on your professional path earlier.Learn more about why we're different
Project LaunchBox™ is a Full Sail program that provides students with powerful technology to help create projects. All of your files, multimedia creations, and coursework are at your fingertips 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Request more information about this program.
- HP ZBook 17 G4
- HP 3-yr Warranty
- LoJack - Theft Prevention 3-yr Subscription
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Download)
- Microsoft Office 365
- HP 17" Backpack
- Microsoft Project Pro (Download) (WIN)
- Microsoft Visio Pro (Download) (WIN)
- MS Visual Studios Pro (Download) (WIN)
Pricing and package specifications are subject to change. Some Project LaunchBox™ components are distributed during students' second year; some Project LaunchBox™ components are downloadable items.
For detailed tuition information about student outcomes and statistics, see consumer disclosures for this program.
To create a custom estimate of your tuition and costs, visit our Net Price Calculator.
The ranking was based on academic offerings, faculty credentials, and graduates’ employment and professional achievements.
Full Sail University is one of the many host locations around the world that allows its students and other game development enthusiasts to bring their ideas to life.
Online or on campus, our students have access to knowledge and mentorship from a community of professionals.