The Game Design master of science program prepares you for a specialized role in the gaming industry by teaching the skills needed to contribute to multidisciplinary development teams. The coursework focuses on user experience research, production, and design - culminating with a game capstone experience. You’ll choose a track that allows you to focus on your chosen area of expertise, whether that’s working as a user experience researcher, producer, or game designer to create and publish games, or specializing in a genre or industry niche to evaluate and enhance existing real-world products.
- Methods and the User Experience - This course provides a scientific framework for defining and testing variables that exist within the sometimes-ambiguous process of game design.
- Prototyping and Content Creation - This course focuses on providing students with the tools and techniques required for the development of functional prototypes, allowing them to test and refine their design concepts.
- Game Usability and Testing - This course is a blend of academic and applied science, targeting core design principles through scholarly research methods and applied usability techniques.
Our approach to education is unique – including monthly start dates, locked tuition rates, and degrees that take half the time of traditional schools.View the Full Sail Advantage benefits
Project LaunchBox™ is a Full Sail program that provides students with powerful technology to help create projects. All of your files, multimedia creations, and coursework are at your fingertips 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Request more information about this program.
- LoJack - Theft Prevention 3-yr Subscription
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Download)
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Project Pro (Download) (WIN)
- Microsoft Visio Pro (Download) (WIN)
- MS Visual Studios Pro (Download) (WIN)
- MSI GE75 8SG Raider 17.3"
- MSI 3-yr Warranty
- MSI Air Gaming Backpack
Pricing and package specifications are subject to change. Some Project LaunchBox™ components are distributed during students' second year; some Project LaunchBox™ components are downloadable items.
Full Sail's relationships in the world of entertainment and media have led to a variety of unique opportunities for students.
Full Sail has a different approach to education, and the way we do things has multiple benefits to our students.
We’re proud of our global network of accomplished graduates, and the way they give back to students.