Some people see games from the inside out – from the mechanics and levels, to the experiences that make people want to play for hours on end. If you've ever dreamed of becoming a game designer, and are as passionate about the craft as you are about the end creation – you're not alone.
The Game Design bachelor of science program, designed to enhance your ability to work in a game studio environment, is comprised of high-level game design and production courses that will take you deep into the game development pipeline. You’ll cover key industry concepts influencing both systems and level designs that will prepare you to prototype and evaluate your game projects.
- Game Mechanics - In this course, students learn how pacing and thematic structures incorporate conflict resolution and generate a plausible challenge and reward system.
- Game Balancing ‐ Students learn how to use level-design and gameplay-design fundamentals to create levels that capitalize on the strengths of their own designs while also learning about communicating to the player through a user interface.
- Game Design Preproduction - In this course requires students to collaborate as they would in a professional game development environment, working in teams to document and develop a gameplay prototype.
Project LaunchBox™ is a Full Sail program that provides students with powerful technology to help create projects. All of your files, multimedia creations, and coursework are at your fingertips 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Request more information about this program.
- HP ZBook 17 G6
- HP 3-yr Warranty
- LoJack - Theft Prevention 3-yr Subscription
- Microsoft Office 365
- HP 17" Backpack
- iPad 2019 32gb WiFi (Online Only)
- Microsoft Project Pro (Download) (WIN)
- Microsoft Visio Pro (Download) (WIN)
- Rumii VR Software
- Samsung Odyssey
Pricing and package specifications are subject to change. Some Project LaunchBox™ components are distributed during students' second year; some Project LaunchBox™ components are downloadable items.
The ranking was based on academic offerings, faculty credentials, and graduates’ employment and professional achievements.
Full Sail University is one of the many host locations around the world that allows its students and other game development enthusiasts to bring their ideas to life.
Online or on campus, our students have access to knowledge and mentorship from a community of professionals.