From implementing crowd scenes in a movie or television commercial to creating vast landscapes for a video game, artists use computer graphics in nearly every aspect of today’s entertainment industry.
Full Sail University’s Computer Animation bachelor of science degree program guides students through the same production pipeline used in professional studios – from storyboarding, sketching, and visual development to modeling and character animation, and final compositing.
- Character Design and Creation - This course builds upon previously learned skills by applying knowledge to 3D characters. Students begin with preproduction of a character, developing concept art and character sheets.
- Character Rigging - This course introduces students to the foundations of character rigging, which is the process of adding joints and controls to a character that allows an animator to make the it move in a realistic manner.
- Animation Production - This course develops students' ability to plan, coordinate, and study assets, using traditional methods to demonstrate their learned strengths as a 3D artist.
Dozens of Grads Worked on 2018’s Summer Blockbusters
Grad Puts Finishing Touches on the Year’s Biggest Music Videos
Student Work Showcase: Computer Animation
Super Graduates Contributed Their Talents to Incredibles 2
The Pathway Scholarship program may award up to $40,000 to eligible students. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.Pathway Scholarship details
Qualified online students can receive up to $20,000 with the Momentum Scholarship. Financial aid available to those who qualify.Momentum Scholarship details
Project LaunchBox™ is a Full Sail program that provides students with powerful technology to help create projects. All of your files, multimedia creations, and coursework are at your fingertips 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Request more information about this program.
- Apple MacBook Pro
- 3-yr Applecare Extended Warranty
- LoJack - Theft Prevention 3-yr Subscription
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Download)
- Microsoft Office 365
- Apple USB-C to USB Adapter
- Belkin USB-C to Ethernet Adapter
- Canon Flatbed Scanner (Online Only)
- Final Cut Pro
- iPad 2018 32gb WiFi (Online Only)
- Microsoft Windows Operating System (Download) (WIN)
- Nuke (Download) 30-mo License
- SynthEyes (Download)
- Wacom Intuos Pro Tablet
- ZBrush (Download)
Pricing and package specifications are subject to change. Some Project LaunchBox™ components are distributed during students' second year; some Project LaunchBox™ components are downloadable items.
To create a custom estimate of your tuition and costs, visit our Net Price Calculator.
Computer Animation grad recognized by Orlando Business Journal
Grads from multiple degree programs have worked on all of the feature films in the MCU's "Infinity Saga," for a total of nearly 600 grad credits.
Online or on campus, our students have access to knowledge and mentorship from a community of professionals.