Full Sail University

Frequently Asked Questions

Below, you’ll find some common questions that come up about Full Sail University. If you’re looking for information that you can’t find here, please contact us.

Admissions & Financial Aid
What do I need to do to be considered for admission to Full Sail?

You must have a standard High School diploma or GED from a recognized and accredited school to begin a degree program at Full Sail. Two letters of recommendation are also suggested, but not required. See the Admissions section for more information.

How do I apply for admission at Full Sail University?

The first step in the enrollment process is to schedule an interview with an Admissions Representative; this will give you the opportunity to ask us any questions you may have, and, most importantly, determine whether Full Sail is right for you. Once you've decided to enroll, you will need to fill out an application and pay the $75 application fee. Full Sail’s application fee can be deferred. Please reach out to your Admissions Representative for more information. After you have enrolled, a deposit of $200 is required to reserve a seat for a degree program. The total amount of $275 will be credited towards tuition but is not covered by financial aid. If you wish to enroll in a second program, after the completion of the first program, you will need to provide an additional $200 seat deposit, equaling $475 total in enrollment fees.

Where do I mail my application?

You can apply online at https://apply.fullsail.edu/. Physical copies of transcripts and other enrollment documents can be mailed to: Full Sail, ATTN: Enrollment Department, 3300 University Blvd., Winter Park, FL 32792.

How long will it take to process my application?

The application may take 1-2 business days to be processed. Once it has been processed, we will contact you regarding any additional documents and/or admission requirements that we may need to complete the application process. All applicants will be notified in writing of the admission decision once the Application, the $75 application fee, and all required documents are completed and submitted.

When does the next semester start?

Admission to Full Sail is done on a rolling basis. Degree programs commence each month. Once a particular degree program has filled, you can be placed on a waiting list for that month or choose another start date. While there is no deadline date for application, we strongly suggest applying at least 3 months prior to the start date you are choosing to provide you with enough time to make all the necessary arrangements.

What is Full Sail University's code for the FAFSA?

Our school code is 016812.

What is Full Sail's SAT school code?

Our SAT school code is 3164.

Will my AP/IB credits transfer to Full Sail?

If you participated in Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate programs in high school and have taken the national exams, you may be eligible to have your score reviewed for Full Sail transfer credit. For more information, please contact your Admissions Representative.

Can my CLEP exam scores transfer into Full Sail credits?

If you have taken a CLEP exam, you may be eligible to have your score reviewed for Full Sail transfer credit. CLEP scores are evaluated on an individual basis according to the subject matter of each exam.

Do you require SAT/ACT or GRE for admission?

We do not require them as part of the admissions process. See the Admissions section for a detailed list of admissions requirements.

Can I transfer credits from another school to Full Sail?

To find out which of your courses will be accepted as transfer credits, please send an official transcript to your Admissions Representative at 3300 University Blvd., Winter Park, FL 32792. Be sure to include your full name, address, phone number, and email address. Your representative will contact you after having determined which credits will transfer to Full Sail.

Can I transfer Full Sail credits to other colleges?

Your Full Sail credits may transfer, but it is at the discretion of the receiving school which credits they choose to accept. You will need to contact the school to which you wish to transfer. For more information about your transfer credit scenario, call 800.226.7625 to speak to an Admissions Representative.

I have more questions about Admissions. How can I learn more?

You can contact Full Sail's Admissions Department at: 800.226.7625 toll free or at 407.679.6333. Admissions Representatives are available to answer your questions Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 6:00pm EST.

Can I get financial aid at Full Sail?

Yes. For more information about financial aid, click here.

How much does a degree program cost?

You can find general tuition information and our current tuition rates here.

Tuition covers all expenses such as textbooks, manuals, media, production materials, lab fees, technology fees, and other associated costs except as noted. The only additional fee is the cost of the LaunchBox package. The LaunchBox is an institutional fee separate from tuition at a discounted rate from Apple and other software and hardware providers. For the pricing information on LaunchBox, please contact Admissions at 800.226.7625.

What requirements must I meet to be eligible for financial aid at Full Sail?

Here are the basics. You must: 1. Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen with a social security number. 2. Be registered with the Selective Service (if you're a male over the age of 18). 3. Be able to present a standard high school diploma or equivalent degree (GED). 4. Not owe a refund on any previous government grants, taxes, or be in default on any previous government loans. 5. Enroll in one of Full Sail's degree programs.

For more details, visit our Financial Aid section.

Are scholarships available to Full Sail students?

Yes. Full Sail offers a variety of scholarships based on various criteria ranging from need based to merit based as well as many other factors. The scholarships themselves vary in dollar amount. You can contact an Admissions Representative for more information about scholarships that you might be eligible for, or visit the Scholarships page.

Am I "dependent" or "independent"?

You will be eligible to apply for financial aid as an independent student if you answer YES to any of the following statements:

  • You are At least 24 years old as of December 31st of the award year covered by the FAFSA.
  • You are a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
  • You are a graduate or professional student (beyond a Bachelor's degree).
  • You are married.
  • You are a ward of the court or both of your parents are deceased.
  • You have a legal dependent other than a spouse.
If I take out loans, when will I have to start making payments on them?

Federal Stafford Loans – Repayment begins six months after student’s last day of attendance.
Federal Parent PLUS Loans – Repayment begins after the loan has been fully disbursed, usually 4-6 months after the financial aid period begins.
Federal Graduate PLUS Loans – Repayment begins after the loan has been disbursed, but graduate students are eligible to seek an in-school deferment until completing their program.
Private/Alternative Education Loans – Repayment terms vary by lender, but most reputable private loan products offer either interest only payments while in school or deferment of all payment until six months after student’s last day of attendance.

Please keep in mind that this information is subject to change, and all loan repayment plans are subject to the terms defined by the lender.

My Admissions Representative explained that classes would keep me busy 35-40 hours a week, so I would prefer not to work a full-time job. Can I get enough financial aid to cover my living expenses?

Most students who need financial aid provide for their living expenses by using a combination of different kinds of awards. How much you can get is based on your situation and eligibility.

Are there any student job opportunities available on campus?

The Financial Aid department works with eligible students to provide work-study positions in many departments here at Full Sail. Students are not eligible to begin working in work-study positions until they successfully complete their first month of classes.

Call Chat Request Info

Full Sail University

Request Info